- Hi my name is Terri Senecal. I’m the founder of Senecal Music Consulting. Over the last 20+ years, I have personally taught and guided well over 25,000 private lessons. I’ve written books, produced, published, managed and taught over 35 different artists in five different states; am the Founder of the Michigan Songwriters & Music Association, and have previously served as the Coordinator of the Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI). Currently as a consultant and talent scout for Reality TV, I am working with and developing talent in Maryland.
- My vision of music started at the age of 8 when I was a self-taught guitar player. I was very lucky to have two parents who supported me 100%. By the age of 13, I started writing, entered a songwriting contest in Nashville, and won third place. That’s when I knew this was my calling. It has been a great pleasure for me to have now worked with professional musicians and younger developing musicians to help in guiding others to that Aha Moment.
- At the age of 18, I took a leap forward to pursue my dream of singing, playing plus writing. I took a plane to Berkeley College in Boston, auditioned and was accepted… An indescribably amazing experience that just ignited my drive for more! With many long nights studying my craft, more good luck came my way. I entered a local radio station contest with KISS 105 in Boston, and out of 1,000 entries I took home 1st place. This landed me my 1st recording contract with two of my originals that released in 1983. My professional career had finally begun blowing up. I finished college in 1985, and worked 3 jobs to save my money to go to Nashville to play and learn from the best. In Nashville, I published my book which was featured in Fan Fair Week, ‘Your Musical Road To Success’. I maintained a full time job as a writer with many local acts and my career was on fire. There was no time to think about it. I had to produce on a day to day basis, and met that challenge with a thirsty energy. It was the Nashville dream that young songwriter’s often imagine.
- After eight years in Nashville, I spread my wings and went to Michigan which is where I launched the Michigan Songwriters Association, along my own record label Rosebudd Records. Two years after being in Michigan, I was approached by NSAI and offered the position of Detroit Coordinator for the Nashville Songwriter Association International.
- In 2013, I left Michigan and moved to Maryland. Hearing about a weekend event of AMTC hosted Auditions in Hanover, Maryland, I contacted the Executive Director to inquire about offering support. I rolled up my sleeves, spent two days with them, contacted the Executive Director again and stated “I can do this!” He wasn’t hiring at the time, but in an unlikely turn of events, he forwarded my resume. This led me to interview with a company out of LA, and currently I am a talent scout for reality tv. Why am I telling you this? …Because following your dreams, putting in hard work, and commitment can open doors that make your dreams become reality!
- In 2018, I started my consulting firm Senecal Music Consulting. Currently, in addition to my other roles in music business, I teach, mentor and provide kids 8+ with lessons and coaching in artist development. It is my honor to pass on what I’ve learned from my experience with professional writers and performing musicians to you, helping you to understand the ins and outs of how to pursue a music career. What a great journey I’ve had. I’m now paying it forward!